The #SITVideoContest is here! Submit a 60-second video that captures the essence and authenticity of your semester or summer abroad with SIT. We want your best work; any approach, any style. There are no categories, but we want you to show us what makes study abroad such a special experience – an exciting excursion, your homestay family, classes, research, an internship, life in your town. Submit your entry by January 1, 2020!
We encourage you to share your video on social media after you’ve entered using #SITVideoContest.
All winners will receive an Amazon gift card. Winners will be announced at the end of the contest, then contacted via email to deliver their prize. Each entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
One first prize: $250 gift card
One second prize: $150 gift card
Two third prizes: $50 gift cards
• This contest is open only to current SIT study abroad students and alumni.
• Each entrant may submit up to five videos.
• All music content must be open sourced and free of any copyright protections. A good source for copyright-free music is https://www.bensound.com. Please include where you got the music track from in your description.
• Videos must be in .MOV or .MP4 JPEG format and be no more than 60 seconds long.
• All video content must be yours. You cannot use stock footage or images from a stock house or website.
• Video resolution must be at least 720 dpi.
• Video must be professional and appropriate. Entries may be disqualified due to inappropriate subject matter.
• Videos may only contain authorized content—including music, images, film clips, and other intellectual or copyrighted property and must not contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful matter.
• Videos previously submitted will not be considered.
Terms & Conditions:
The ownership of any submission remains the property of the filmmaker, but entry into the competition constitutes the entrant’s permission and consent, without compensation, with or without attribution, for School for International Training to use, reproduce, transmit, post, distribute, adapt, edit, and/or display the submission in print and online publications, on the SIT website, or in any other marketing or media projects.
How to Enter:
Upload your 60-second video. Please include the following details with your submission:
SIT Study Abroad prepares students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens. In so doing, SIT Study Abroad fosters a worldwide network of individuals and organizations committed to responsible global citizenship. SIT Study Abroad fulfills this mission with field-based academic study abroad programs for undergraduates and accredited master’s degrees and certificate programs for graduates and professionals.
Learn more: https://studyabroad.sit.edu/